Rooibos Malva Pudding with Cream Sauce
Malva pudding is a typical South African cake. The amount of dough is enough for a baking pan for 12 muffins. The pudding can also be baked on a small baking tray. The cream sauce is served with the malva pudding. Also chilled. Start with the preparation of 125 ml medium strength Rooibos tea and 125 ml strong Rooibos tea.
Ingredients for the Rooibos Malva Pudding:
- 20 ml butter
- 210 g (250 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml of fine apricot jam
- 5 ml baking powder
- 125 ml of medium-strength Rooibos
- 140 g (250 ml) cake flour
- 1 ml salt
- 5 ml white vinegar (5%), no wine or apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a small baking dish or 12-muffin tin.
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar until frothy. Add the whole eggs one at a time and whisk each well until the batter is light and fluffy.
- Now add the apricot jam.
- Mix the baking powder with the warm Rooibos and add to the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt together and fold into the egg mixture. Finally stir in the vinegar.
- Now fill the entire dough into the prepared casserole or muffin dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Ingredients for the Rooibos cream sauce:
- 250 ml of cream
- 150 g (180 ml) sugar
- 125 g (135 ml) butter
- 125 ml lukewarm strong rooibo
- 5 ml vanilla essence
Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and heat over a low temperature. Stir constantly until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
Finally, pour the sauce over the hot pudding. Garnish with powdered sugar - and enjoy warm.