- 1 kg flour (550)
- 30 g baking powder (2 tsp)
- 500 g butter (alternatively margarine or sunflower oil)
- 500 g muesli (with nuts, dried fruits, ...)
- 230 g brown sugar → reduce the sugar content according to the amount of sugar in the muesli
- 2 tsp salt
- 500 ml buttermilk → alt. 8 x 2.5 g tea bags in 600 ml water
Spread the batter evenly on a baking sheet
Bake the dough at 180 °C for about 40 minutes
Break the baked rusk dough into small pieces and place them on an oven rack to dry. You can also put the remaining Rusk pieces on the baking tray in the oven to dry.
It is easier to cut the dough into strips with a knife before it is fully baked (after about 30 minutes).
Dry the Rusk pieces in the oven at 100°C for approx. 4 hours.